Calling himself Chief Creative Mercenary, Studio NashVegas founder Mitch Canter helps people from business owners to travel bloggers create their own space on the Internet with WordPress.
When Mitch came to Nashville in 2007, he observed a gap in the market between the large web design studios and the hobbyist designers — a gap he knew he could fill. He recognized the value of WordPress as a powerful and cost-effective platform, and has used it ever since to quickly develop high quality websites.
Along with the ability of more people to share and access information easily with tools like WordPress, large organizations, including a number of Fortune 500 companies, also maintain custom WordPress websites, Mitch said. The platform’s power as a content management system allows streamlined content sharing among writers and in-company contributors.
Mitch’s WordPress-evangelizing career has taken him to Dublin, Toronto, Las Vegas, Birmingham, among other spots, to speak about the ease of publishing quality content on the Internet with the right tools. He’s met met travel bloggers in exotic places and established a base from which he takes mission trips to Prague and Moldova with the non-profit organization Justice and Mercy International.
- The power to put information on the Internet is game-changing
- Free resources allow you to express yourself on the web without huge investments
- WordPress is a powerful tool for anyone from individuals to Fortune 500 companies
- Helping people achieve their goals on the Internet is insightful and rewarding
- Look for gaps in the market that can be filled with creative use of simple tools
Listen to our Wordcamp Nashville podcast interview with Mitch Canter to hear a more detailed explanation of WordPress’s power, and the incredible opportunities it has provided him.